Why Pay Privately?
- More and more clients are choosing to pay privately for their therapy even if they have mental health insurance benefits.
- Some reasons are:
– Insurance requires your therapists to apply a diagnosis in your medical record after meeting you for 1 time.
– Insurance companies can decide if your diagnosis or any part of your therapy does/does not meet their evolving list of reimbursement criteria.
– Your insurance company has the right to request access to assessments, therapy notes, and treatment plans at any point in therapy to determine if it meets “medical necessity”.
– Any diagnoses (even those that have resolved) become a part of your medical record permanently with multiple people at your insurance company who have access to your mental health information. Situations have occurred where this information impacted job applications and educational opportunities.
- If you prefer to do all you can to protect your mental health information, paying privately may be the preferred option.
- At your request, B2AW can generate a “Superbill” that you can submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement.
Individual Counseling Rates
Appointment #1: $180 for 90 minutes
Future Appointments: $150/hour for 53 minutes
A lower rate may be agreed upon during your screening call using a Sliding Fee Scale based on your household income and individual situation. Please call 440-595-5481 or 330-595-9006 for details.
Couples & Family Therapy Rates
Appt #1: $200 for 90 minutes
Future Appointments: $180 for 53 minutes, $250 for 90 minutes
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital and Marital Assessments incur a one-time fee of $50 paid during the initial appointment or when determined it is necessary during the course of therapy. This fee is not reimbursed if both partners do not complete the assessment.
- Add-on costs are incurred for Friday and weekend appointments.
- To respect your time and your therapist’s time, please notify your therapist as soon as you know of any potential conflict. The cancellation fee for regular therapy sessions is $50. If a session is canceled less than 2 business days in advance, the $50 Cancellation Fee is assessed unless the appointment can be rescheduled later in the same week during a time you and your therapist are available. Please cancel before Monday for a Wednesday appointment. Please cancel before Thursday for a Monday appt the following week)
- A list is kept for current clients who may need an extra session. Nearly all openings fill up quickly each week.
- Exceptions are made for sudden and unexpected situations. If you suspect you have any potentially contagious symptoms, PLEASE inform your therapist and do NOT come to your counseling session in person. For example, even if the parent transporting a client is ill and your child has no symptoms, your therapist would still prefer to switch your appointment to a remote visit or if you are too ill, the appointment will be canceled. A fee will NOT be assessed if you are protecting your therapist and other clients from any potential symptom transference and diligently communicate with your therapist about an alternate appointment that same week.
Fee Schedule Updates Clients will be given notice of any significant updates to the Fee Schedule.
A Few items to keep in mind:
- Only the primary client(s) can be present (with a parent or guardian often invited to “check in\check out” with the therapist for minors).
- Please inform your therapist if your session will begin late. If the session time becomes less than 30 minutes, we will likely need to reschedule.
- Laws are in place to ensure confidentiality and your safety. Please do not attempt to conduct any portion of your therapy while driving nor while in a moving vehicle.
- Insurance requires your therapist to note your location and for you to be in the state of Ohio during the time of your counseling session. Please cancel any appointments as soon as you know you will be physically located out of the state.
- Please secure a confidential space with no expected interruptions. (Please inform family members or roommates that you should not be interrupted for your weekly time focused on YOU.)